Daily Dosage: The 'I'm sad no one responded to my column' edition

SIU's men's basketball team got routed, and we'll get to that in just a minute. The women's swimming and diving finished in third place. The women's basketball team also got handled by Creighton.

Damn.

But more important than that, I did not get one response to Friday's column.

Of course not until Saturday night when the Missouri Valley Conference's most fashionable sports writer hit the bar scene.

I'll tell stories one day.

One day.

'Til then, I can resume crushing on Amanda Bynes.

Salukis slammed by high-flying Bluejays. Where else can I go with this story? Creighton's really good. They've got senior leadership, young stars and the Missouri Valley Conference's best coach.

82-60 kinda says it all. [Daily Egyptian]

No-no duo powers SIU softball. Alright, enough gloom and doom from the Saluki basketball world and let's talk about softball.

My new favorite Saluki team is off to an 8-0 start as a pair of Saturday no-hitters from Nikki Waters and Katie McNamara sparked the Salukis to a four-game sweep of the Samford Bulldog Bash in Birmingham, Alabama.

SIU spanked Austin Peay and Gardner-Webb in the double-round robin tournament. I really can't wait 'til this team returns to C'Dale. [Daily Egyptian]

Quality Linkage:
  • Jeff Allen and I have similar Valentine's Day sentiments. [DC Sports Bog]
  • Julian Jones (no, not the running back) will help you avoid any Plaxidents. [Wall Street Journal]
  • Michael Jordan's still got game. [Bossip]
  • Welcome to Twitter, Lance Armstrong. [Twitter via Deadspin]

0 comments: