Rex Grossman to start his Hall of Fame career at 12:01 a.m. ET

Chicago Bears v Green Bay Packers
There is a free agent quarterback I think the Chicago Bears should take a look at.

In college he was a Heisman Trophy candidate. In the pros, he is only one of two quarterbacks in the franchise's history to start a Super Bowl game.

And his numbers are just as good as Kyle Orton's.

His name.

Rex Grossman.

There is not a doubt in my mind SexCannon will only return to Chicago if (and only if) the team he signs with is scheduled to play at Soldier Field. Even then, if he is not starting, I could see where Grossman takes a leave of absence for that game week.

They (and by they I mean old people with wacky sayings and lots of free time) say history is unforgiving. But I have a feeling history has nicer things to say about Grossman's time in Chicago than Bears fans.

So when he goes on and signs with a nameless, faceless franchise with a heap of quarterback troubles and goes on to be a Pro Bowl-caliber player with playoff wins don't be surprised.

I won't be.

0 comments: