Stat Boy Presents: 36 points later

NCAA BASKETBALL: DEC 08 Hawaii at Illinois
The Minnesota Golden Gophers beat the University of Illinois Fighting Illini, 59-36, on Thursday.

Allow me to repeat that final score for ya. With boldface type and a little bit bigger font.

59-36.

I guess this would be a great time for my alter ego Stat Boy (a.k.a. State Boy) to break it down for you.

The Illini scored 36 points ... in the entire game.

Does this need further breakdown? Sarah Palin says, "You betcha!"

  • The SIU men's basketball team scored 39 points ... in the first half of the team's win against Missouri State.
  • Minnesota scored 37 points ... in the second half of its game.
  • Chicago State guards David Holston and John Cantrell scored 41 and 40 points, respectively in the team's 123-121 FOUR-OT loss against Utah Valley.
  • Oh yeah, Utah Valley guard Ryan Toolson scored 63 points in the same game.
  • Davidson guard Stephen Curry has scored more than 36 points on his own five times already this season.
So why did the Fighting Illini go cold as a Minnesota night in the woods?

Is it karma for Coach Bruce not calling me back in regards to my Kent Williams story?

Well, maybe.

Apparently the lesson here is to call me back a.s.a.p., which is fine by me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

63 points in one game? Toolson was on fire!