Get ready for a week full of stuff like this


Unless something HUGE happens this will be my last post of the day. If you want more, break some news or wait 'til tomorrow.

Anyway...

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for a week of these kinds of posts: It's Duke week.

SIU looks to even up its record against the Blue Devils Thursday night in the Mecca of basketball - Madison Square Garden in New York City.

That's right, the Dawgs have a date with the Dukies.

This is the chance of a lifetime for the Salukis and for myself. For SIU, it's the chance for the youngsters to prove to the world that they're ready for a big stage. That they're ready to turn some heads not only in the Missouri Valley Conference, but across the college hoops world. To paraphrase SIU running back Larry Warner, it's an opportunity for everyone to let their abilities flow.

Oh yeah, and it will give Chris Lowery the chance to prep his kids for a big game and show the world that the Salukis' Sweet 16 appearance two seasons ago was no fluke.

As for the Blue Devils, they'll be greeted with a resounding chorus of boos ... in my head.

I promise to be professional in my writing in the newspaper and things that are associated with the newspaper. I am looking forward to the opportunity to visit New York City for the first time in five years. I am counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds until I can say that I wrote college basketball on the sport's biggest stage (save the NCAA Championship Game). I'll be on my best behavior when it comes to newspaper stuff.

But since this is an independent site (that only happens to have contributors that also work on the DE staff) I'll blast Duke (cautiously, of course).

Oh yeah, J.J. Redick is a pansy!

P.S. Have a good weekend and when you're not on this site, enjoy the great outdoors!

0 comments: