I Guess Those Weren't Flintstones Vitamins After All: Report Pegs Sosa With Positive Test In 2003

All-Star Game Home Run Derby

If this report is true, you can add another layer of tarnish to what was a magical 2003 season for the Chicago Cubs.

"Sammy Sosa, who joined with Mark McGwire in 1998 in a celebrated pursuit of baseball’s single-season home run record, is among the players who tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug in 2003, according to lawyers with knowledge of the drug-testing results from that year.

The disclosure that Sosa tested positive makes him the latest baseball star of the last two decades to be linked to performance-enhancers. ..."

I guess Samuel Peralta Sosa picked a good time to retire, huh?

One of the best summers of my life has basically been broken down into one big fraud. I shoulda seen it coming. Flintstones Vitamins only tasted good, but I never really felt better afterward. And the fact that I am writing about baseball instead of playing it should tell you that they did not help my Little League Baseball career whatsoever.

Anyone wonder what Dusty The Enabler has to say about this? Maybe it's just me.

If this proves anything, it is that the remaining players on that list need to be outed. I said that after the A-Rod revelation and I'll say it again. Out one, out 'em all.

Sosa Said To Test Positive In 2003 [New York Times]

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Too you long enough. When I heard the story I expected my favorite sports site to have their story written. I was deeply saddened when it was not.