Seth, Save The Salukis?

I might not have been able to find Cinderella, but I just might have found the Salukis a savior.

Seth Curry, the Big South Conference's Freshman of the Year and younger brother of Davidson star Stephen Curry, is looking to make the leap ... to a bigger conference.

"This is a difficult decision that I have reached after close consultation with my family and others close to me, and it is based on my desire to develop as an athlete to the fullest of my potential and take advantage of new opportunities that may be available to me in a higher-rated conference," Curry said in a statement released by the school."

According to my RPI source, the Missouri Valley Conference (10th) ranks higher than the Big South (28th), so a leap to the Valley could be in store ... right?

And I know a certain Directional State University that could use a 6-foot-3-inch scoring guard to team with Kevin Dillard, Ryan Hare and Justin Bocot in 2010. I also know a coach that's looking for an NBA-type player to really jump-start the program and get it back on the map.

Unfortunately, I also know that if Seth Curry is thinking he can average 20 points and 4 rebounds per game in the ACC, he's foolish. He'd get waxed nightly by guys like Wayne Ellington, Gerald Henderson and probably Jon Scheyer, too.

0 comments: