News, Notes, Quotes & More From This Weekend In Chicago Cubs Baseball

Big day of blogging at TBDS tomorrow. But in the meantime, this should hold you over.

News
  • You would not believe how hard it is to get rid of a Cubs-Cardinals ticket at Wrigley Field.
  • I had three Cardinals fans say "yes" only to cancel on me before the game. Baseball's best most unreliable fans.
Notes
  • Tony LaRussa flip-flopped his Friday and Saturday starters to tick me off, knowing I would be at Friday's game. My idea of payback? LaRussa drunk jokes on the hour every hour.
  • If Cubs and Cards fans had a "douche-off" real fans of both teams would win. Some people just shouldn't be allowed in a ballpark
Quotes
  • Question posed to me on Friday: "Why isn't (Micah Hoffpauir) playing more?" Answer from me: "Because he's batting .242."
  • "Alright, we've got 8 points." -grown woman Cardinals fan. Even a real Cards fan next to me was disappointed.
More to come tomorrow.

0 comments: