Can I Pre-Order My Dwyane Wade Bulls Jersey Yet?

Olympics Day 16 - Basketball
Every day that passes brings Bulls fans one day closer to a D-Rose/D-Wade backcourt.

Chicago Bulls fans that are down on their luck after seeing Ben Gordon sign with the rival Pistons while trying to handle the news that their team's biggest off-season acquisition might be Jannero Pargo, this blog post is for you.

Help might be off in the distance once the summer of 2010. I will concede that it is a little (OK, a lot) too early to be thinking about the megastars that await the much-heralded free agency class of 2010, but when one of them speaks, everyone must listen.

And what did Chicago native Dwyane Wade have to say? Oh, nothing more than that if the Miami Heat didn't get their act together, all he's going to give them is a courtesy listen before calling some moving trucks to the M.I.A.

"I'm going to listen. I owe the Miami Heat that much. I'm going to listen to what they have to say and I'm going to think about it," Wade told The Associated Press. "But right now, the way I feel, I want to make sure that we're on track to where I want us to be on track to before I sign back."

Wade makes reference to being back on track to winning titles, like when he was the NBA Finals MVP when he teamed with Shaquille O'Neal to lead the Heat to the franchise's first NBA title. Since then, Miami has had quite a bit of roster turnover as a youth movement has taken over South Beach with players such as Michael Beasley and Mario Chalmers taking bigger roles on the team.

Long story short: If the Heat aren't winning, then they can kiss their star player goodbye and start a rebuilding process from the ground up. And if that's the case, I wouldn't mind if Miami reverted to its 15-win form of two years ago.

Allow me to go out on a limb and say I am not the only

Last season, Wade averaged 30.2 points, 2.2 steals and 1.7 blocks per game for a team that would have been fighting the L.A. Clippers for the No. 1 draft pick rather than the Atlanta Hawks in a seven-game first-round playoff series.

If playing alongside Rookie of the Year Derrick Rose, a guard he seems to admire, is not enough, the Bulls have a little more than $27 million worth of contracts coming off the books after the 2009-10 season.

That means if Chicago can somehow secure a package of Wade and Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Carlos Boozer or dare I even mention LeBron James, the Bulls would instantly become the Eastern Conference's, if not the entire league's, top title contender.

But like I said at the beginning of this blog, that kind of help is in the very distant future.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

BLLLLAAAAAAA AHAHAHAHHAhahAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Dude. Get real.