The Official Post-Mortem Playlist

Cubs manager Lou Piniella doesn't approve of this playlist, especially its inclusion of N Sync.

Since my first two playlists were fire, I've decided to come with one more now that the season is over.

Let's get ready for next year, Cubs fans!

  1. A Dying Cubs Fans Last Request, Steve Goodman. Once the Cubs season ended on a check swing (P.S. That was f*cking weak!) the only song that would run through my head is this classic Goodman track that exemplifies Cubdom in only 6 minutes.
  2. Loser, Beck. I think the chorus says it all: "Soy un perdedor, I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?" Yeah, sums it up quite right if you ask me.
  3. Gone, NSync. So this one likely comes as a bit of a shocker, especially with the NSync tag attached, but note that the song was Justin Timberlake's solo coming out party (not to be confused with Lance Bass' coming out party). All jokes aside, 'Gone' truly describes the sadness and helplessness of Cubs fans, especially the opening: "There's a thousand words that I can say, to make you come home..." Most of those words were curse words.
  4. Once, Twice, Three Times A Lady, Lionel Richie. Pretty self explanatory here: once, twice, three times a loser.
  5. Heartbreaker, Mariah Carey feat. Jay-Z. Again, one of those songs where the chorus means exactly what Cubs fans are thinking. "Heartbreaker, you got the best of me/ But I just keep on coming back incessantly/ Oh why, did you have to run your game on me/ I should have known right from the start/ You'd go and break my heart."
That's it for now. It's brief, but it really kinda just puts things in perspective.

0 comments: