When the Chicago Cubs began their playoff run, I came up with 10 songs that I would associate this playoff run with.
Well, times change and with the Cubs down 0-2 in the best-of-five series, a new playlist must be adopted.
- Don't Stop Believing, Journey. Even though this was the theme song of the 2005 World Series winning Chicago White Sox, the concept of not giving up applies to the Cubs.
- Living on a Prayer, Bon Jovi. That's exactly how Cubs fans are feeling right now. People throw around the word "miracle" a lot and that's what it looks like the Cubs are going to need.
- We Takin' Over, DJ Khaled & Friends. The Cubs need to go into L.A. with the mindset that they're going to take this series back to Chicago, well, that's because it's what they need to do. If they listen to Lil' Wayne's song-closing verse, that should be enough inspiration for them to do so.
- Loser, N.E.R.D feat. The Clipse. Here's a little known song, but I like the concept of "not being the loser" as the chorus would indicate.
- Dead Wrong, Notorious B.I.G. feat. Eminem. One of Biggie's best tracks (post-mortem) featuring Eminem. If you think the Cubs are done, well, you're dead wrong.