HALFTIME UPDATE: SIU leads Missouri State 3-0

The SIU football team leads Missouri State 3-0 as the teams head into the locker rooms for halftime.

It's been a sluggish start for both squads, who have both been able to move the ball but have been unable to convert yards into touchdowns.

Saluki kicker Kyle Dougherty's 19-yard field goal with 42.3 seconds remaining in the second quarter.

SIU has four turnovers this half thanks to fumbles by Larry Warner, Richard White and Chris Dieker. Dieker has also thrown an interception on a tipped pass.

MSU is a second-half team, outscoring its opponents 62-38 after the half.

SIU isn't a second-half team, being outscored....I don't have those numbers in front of me but trust me. I've listened to each game and have been to all but one. Trust me, it's not pretty.

But, as I said earlier...that's why they don't play the games on paper.

0 comments: