Today's shameless cross-promotion: Members of the SIU football team "switch it up." And by switch it up I mean change positions. And by change positions I mean...hey, quit oggling Ms. Alba! [Daily Egyptian]
And remember visit siuDE.com, just do it and don't ask questions!
Cub slump busters put Pirates in the pits. Kosuke Fukudome and Jim Edmonds combined to go 6-for-9 with five RBIs and two runs scored in the Chicago Cubs' 12-3 victory against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Fukudome, now hitting .268 after hitting in the .100s for most of August, is 4-for-5 in his last two games with a home run and six RBIs.
Ted Lilly pitches seven strong innings, striking out seven while limiting the Bucco's to three runs on seven hits, improving his record to 13-7.
Sox 'split' in B-More, make Thome's Homies proud. Jim Thome belted his 535th career home run, giving him sole possession of 15th place on the all-time home run list, as the Chicago White Sox defeated the Baltimore Orioles, 4-3.
Earlier, the Sox and the O's played the end of a suspended game in which the Sox were the home team despite re-starting the game in Baltimore.
Rookie southpaw Clayton Richard pitched six innings of quality baseball, scattering six hits and limiting the Orange & Black attack to only three runs.
- Remember that guy who was traded for 10 bats? He's got nothing on Eddie Guardado, who was traded to the Minnesota Twins for a Hamburger. [CBC Sports] No truth to the rumor that cheese or any other condiments were involved.
- Jobba and the Giambino suck at beer pong. [NY Post] They better get checked for the herp. [College On The Record]
- Are you ready to dance with stars? [Yahoo!]
- Not shown in this pic, an angry mob of Cubs fans [The Lennin Closet]
- Rudy Fernandez gets the highlight, Team USA gets the Gold. [You Got Dunked On] I'll take that exchange any day of the week!