Bad Bulls Basketball Bores


I had a lot of fun with the letter "b" but with the Chicago Bulls?

Not so much.

I literally can't do it and I'm a basketball fan. Sure, I'm not as passionate about the Bulls as I am with the Chicago White Sox but at least point, I'd venture to say I'm a bigger Bulls fan than a Chicago Bears fan, all disappointments taken into consideration.

If the Bears get Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, it's a different story. But this is neither the time nor the place to discuss that certain football team from a certain city starting with a shhh and ending with a ickago.

I simply can't watch the Bulls in general, although lately I did give it a try during the fourth quarter against the Indiana Pacers Tuesday.

All my reasons for not watching were back in my head.

There was the bad defense, a staple of the Vinny Del Negro era, poor last second game management but coaches and players alike, and of course, mediocre basketball played throughout against a team they should have clobbered.

And just a week ago people were talking about an extension for Del Negro and how GM John Paxson should win Executive of the Year for the deadline deal that turned the tide for the Bullies.

This team is 36-40, keep that in mind.

Again, that's four games under .500 in a city that's seen six NBA championships in the last 20 years.

And I'm supposed to be excited about being the punching bag for the elite teams in the playoffs?

Count me out.

Photo Credit: www.chicagoist.com

0 comments: