It's still a two-bit operation but...

The ad revenue is picking up! I haven't checked the account in a few weeks but our year-to-date earnings have topped $8.95!!!

That's not a joke so not only click on the ads but also buy lots of chicken strips I guess.

Anyway, I'm going to my third White Sox game this week and I'm hoping the offense shows up in some capacity.

But more on that later.

First I'd like to reflect a little bit more on the Nick Adenhart deal one last time. I don't want to drag on talking about it but it was on my mind all day yesterday.

I know Adenhart and the passengers riding with him were just one of several hundred thousand people who have died by getting hitting by a drunk driver but for some reason this one seems to stick in people's minds.

Obviously, because of his public figure status as a baseball player it feels like it hits closer to home even if he does play in Anaheim, Calif.

By all accounts he sounded like a solid guy and my friend that works in the Angels organization had nothing but positive things to say about him.

It even seems he had some ties to a family near my hometown.

But overall, it is a sad story of course but we should also take it as a lesson.

Personally I look at sad stories like this and think about my own life. Sometimes you got to step back from everything you are doing and realize that nothing is promised to you tomorrow.

That's what you have to take healthy risks in your life. You can't just sit back and put off things forever because you really never know. This guy was 22-years-old, a year younger than me.

It's just not fair to lose your life like this, especially at the expense of someone else's mistake.

In no way am I suggesting anything, I'm just saying I need to stop taking things for granted sometimes and stop focusing on the negative.

Ironically enough, I think it was T.I. who said something to the effect of being thankful for the life you have and stop focusing on what you don't have.

Simple enough I know but I guess I don't take it seriously enough some days.

0 comments: