Musings on the Amusing


Couple of interesting things I'd like to touch on today.

First, I have no idea how this made the sports section in a major U.S. newspaper but I found hilarious and interesting.

Honestly, I'd probably freak out if I knew a hotel was haunted and I was staying there. Of course, I don't believe in ghosts but that kind of stuff just freaks me out.

Even if those stories about the creatures or whatever coming into a players room are false, it's all in the mind. I'd probably convince myself there was a ghost in my room and run for wherever Jim Thome's room was in hopes that the ghosts would succumb to his gentlemanly attitude.

Being on the same team as A.J. Pierzynski wouldn't help either. I could envision him trying to take advantage of the fact that I still check my closet for the undertaker every night.

Moving along, we also saw the first curious case of crazy Milton Bradley. No, not the board game king, the ballplayer.

Y0u have to think a suspension is looming because of his prior history but on a Bradley scale of meltdowns this one was actually pretty mild.

Prepare yourself for more with this guy but it's certainly fun to watch him implode. I can't wait until Bradley and Carlos Zambrano get into it during the dog days of summer. That will be truly be a sight to see.

I know he's on the disabled list right now but if the Chicago Cubs could acquire outfielder Jose Guillen from the Kansas City Royals it would be the Indiana Pacers reincarnated into a baseball team.

Heck, I could see the two crazy outfielders going into the stands and taking swings at the drunks in the bleachers. Would that be a site to see or what?

I can see Len and Bob calling it now:

"And Bradley is laying on the Cubs dugout trying to be calmed down and here comes the beer!"

0 comments: