Tar Heel Healed: UNC Wins It All

Since Ty Lawson, North Carolina's super speedy point guard, returned from a toe injury, the Tar Heels have looked downright unstoppable.

So of course I'm picking them to knock off Michigan State in tonight's championship.

I can't really brag about a solid bracket, not with five of them total and only one with MSU and UNC in the championship game, but I can brag that I was pretty confident at some capacity that the Tar Heels were going to be involved in this game.

Michigan State? Not so much.

I just didn't see the star power that most championship contenders have.

Sure there are name players on the Spartans, but it's been all about the Big East this year, not the Big Ten.

And sure, they have a big name coach in Tom Izzo, but Louisville had Rick Pitino and UCONN had Jim Calhoun.

Perhaps I'm wrong about Michigan State. Perhaps they break the trend of a tournament without any real upsets.

In my mind, this would be a huge one for Sparta.

0 comments: