Daily Dosage: The Johan Santana trade works for everyone

Finding the daily eye candy is harder than you think. Finding pretty girls is harder than you think. But that's what makes this fun.

So rather than search far and wide for the next best thing, I typed "Halle Berry" in my Google search bar and that's how I came up with today's choice.

On with the Dosage.

Insert another Santana, Supernatural headline here. If you listened the reports by baseball's talking heads this offseason, you would have thought Johan Santana was going to go 34-0, undefeated in the playoffs and bat .400 with 40 home runs and 150 RBIs.

Santana improved 8-0 with a 2.26 ERA in his last 16 starts in the New York Mets' 6-2 victory against the Chicago Cubs.

Maybe that's what I get for spewing my venom yesterday. I don't care, I needed that yesterday.

Javier Vazquez's ears are likely being filled with expletives. Maybe Ozzie Guillen was right about Javy.

Vazquez, who was challenged by the White Sox skipper to be more aggressive, dropped his record to 12-15 by allowing five runs on seven hits in four innings in the South Siders' 9-3 loss to the Minnesota Twins.

The win by the Twinkies brings them within 1.5 games of the Pale Hose, whose magic number remains at 5.

The magic number for this segment, 3, as in different nicknames I used for Chicago's South Side baseball team.

As for the other part of the Santana trade, Carlos Gomez, he went 2-for-4 with his 32nd stolen base of the season.

Quality Linkage:
  • Matt Millen is done, son. [Fox Sports] The Lions still suck and I'm convinced Jay Glazer doesn't sleep.
  • The Yankees dynasty is officially over. [ESPN] It's time to pop champagne like we won a championship game!
  • Rodgers > Romo. [Dallas Morning News - Cowboys Blog] Blogs like that discredit bloggers like me.
  • Donovan McNabb talks to a blog. [The 700 Level] I think that's cool.
  • The Pierre Pierce saga continues. [Associated Press] Steve Alford still defends him. Still an asshat.

0 comments: