I'm ready for some football!

The Harley's are revving up for the fifth annual Hawgs and Dawgs game at SIU and I am moments away from the first of many Saluki football blogs.

As we approach kick-off...and as the players get closer to taking the field, I thought now would be a good time to give you my picks to click.

Offense:

1 Damian Sherman WR - Tonight's opponent, Hampton, allowed 248 yards through the air against Jackson State and escaped with a 17-13 victory. I can see where QB Chris Dieker can connect with the 6-foot-4 wideout on a big play or two.

Defense:

3 Chauncey Mixon OLB - It's hard to single out one linebacker, but I think No. 3 can make some big plays defending the run and the pass. Pressuring the quarterback is one of Mixon's stregnths, so expect to see a lot of him in the Pirate backfield.

27 secs away, let's get this started!

0 comments: