Anyway, I thought tonight would be a good time to revisit one of my favorite pasttimes: TBDS Late Night. I've got a couple of posts in the bag that will pop up this evening. You also might be treated by the presence of our newest contributor.
Thanks to Life In The Cell for picking us up on the blogroll - you guys do some good work over there.
As for today's shameless cross-promotion, the Daily Egyptian rocked out today's newspaper. How does a feature about SIU alum Brandon Jacobs sound? Yeah, I bet you didn't know the NY Giant of a running back was once a Saluki. Then there's the Cubs-Cards thing myself and Brian Feldt have going on.
He picks Cards.
I picked Cubs.
Poor Brian gets ripped by Cubs fans in comments. Be nice to him though, he's the newest member of the TBDS family.
I only got one personal e-mail in which I was called a "smug s.o.b." which coincidentally is what I was aiming for when I wrote the story.
And always, please, check siuDE.com for more stories about the stuff you should want to read about!
On with the Late Night Linkage!
- Jay Mariotti takes a shot at Rick Telander. Mariotti must love pain, does he not know that he used to be a football star at Northwestern. Probably not. [Chicago Reader]
- Breaking News: Guys swing for the fences when it comes to the ladies. More wasted research money down the drain. [MSNBC]
- Blogs are an insurance blanket in case that whole newspaper thing really dies out. That's why I've been blogging for a while now. [Poynter]
- Add the moped to vehicles in which you can get a DUI while using. [Fanhouse]
- Headline: Italian model plans to sell virginity for 1m euros. [Telegraph.co.uk] I'm calling shenanigans, and then dibs!